EFFECTIVE Monday 3/23
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, the safety of our clients and practice employees is of paramount importance. We're working hard to do everything we can to be prepared and address your concerns. In order to achieve our goals, we are:
· Continuously educating all Practice staff.
· Following cleaning protocols recommended by the CDC.
· Taking employee’s temperature twice daily and keeping a close eye on them to see if they are showing any symptoms (If any of our employees tests positive, we will inform our client).
We want to ensure we are available to all our clients, but we have to make sure we are healthy in order to be able to stay open. We will continue working regular hours and our operations will be the same but our doors will be locked until further notice. Effective Monday, March 23rd, 2020, these will be the available options when making an appointment, requesting any medications or diets and for boarding and grooming requests:
HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS (TWO OPTIONS)
1. Appointments can be scheduled as a drop-off appointment: Pets will be dropped off for treatment and they will be retrieved once treatment is complete.
2. Appointments can be scheduled as a waiting appointment: Pet will still be dropped off for treatment but the client will have to remain in their car as we complete treatment.
We will need you to call us upon arrival at drop off and pick up. We ask that you call when you are physically parked at our building so we can check you in and out over the phone. Please keep your phone with you so our doctors and techs can contact you to discuss the details of the treatment.
PET BOARDING & GROOMING APPOINTMENTS
Grooming, daycare, and boarding pets will be retrieved in our parking lot. We will need you to call us upon arrival at drop off and pick up. We ask that you call when you are physically parked at our building.
MEDICATIONS & FOOD
We ask that you call well in advance (24hours) for medication refills and for food purchases, please call us at least four hours prior to picking up.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR BOTH HOSPITAL AND BOARDING & GROOMING CLIENTS
· Please have all dogs with collar and leash.
· All cats need to be in a carrier.
· We ask that you remove your pet from the car for us in order to avoid additional stress on them.
· Payment for services, medication, and food will be completed over the phone.
Thank you so much for your understanding and for trusting us for all your veterinary needs.
Oliver Carvajal, AIM, BBA, LREA
Practice Manager/ Marketing
Town & Country West Veterinary Clinic
1770 Powder Springs Rd. SW
Marietta, GA 30064